FLEXTECHS is looking for an experienced Content Author to work within a creative marketing team for a global e-commerce site. This is a full-time (40 hour per week) staffing (ongoing) assignment.
The Content Author is an exceptionally creative thinker with a background in messaging to various personas within B2B and B2C tech segments. You will be responsible for developing marketing content to support awareness, consideration, and adoption of the brands and products. You will create messaging and copy that can be used to position and market our portfolio of products, as well as conceptualize and write engaging stories, articles, and instructional content that can be used across PR, social media, and website platforms.
- Write content to enable product positioning, core product and brand messaging, and marketing campaigns across B2B, B2C, and gaming segments
- Develop content for product positioning, including sales support documents, product flyers, packaging content, promotional content, benchmarking articles, FAQs, and technical how-to guides
- Develop content for advertising and marketing needs, including long form articles, video scripts, infographs, media alerts, headlines, tutorials, newsletters, and social media snippets
- Drive ideation sessions with core stakeholders to reveal new insights that help tell compelling stories
- Research topics such as technology, hardware, business trends, and gaming to develop creative story ideas
- Interview subject matter experts to gather data, insights, and proof points to develop and back up core messages
- Analyze and interpret technical product specifications to generate enticing, innovative, and effective user benefit stories
- Work with regional teams and agencies to understand and implement regional localization considerations
- Edit and proof-read content developed by other departments, ensuring adherence and alignment to the style guides
- Work with the web and design teams to help support content development, SEO strategies, and engagement initiatives
- A portfolio illustrating a variety of writing styles across different consumer and business audiences
- Outstanding ability to tell stories that engage, inform, and influence behavior
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills
- Strong understanding of SEO and how to craft content for both readers and search engines
- Strong understanding of social media and the role of public relations
- Attention to detail, organized, self-motivated, and able to balance priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Ability and passion to learn about IT hardware and gaming
- Excellent research, interview, and learning skills
- 5+ years of experience producing quality marketing content
- BA/BS in English, Journalism, Marketing, or PR
- Experience working with global teams and/or in multiple languages is a plus
*** A drug screening and full criminal background check is required ***
FLEXTECHS is a people-centric IT service provider based in Boise, ID. We are always looking for talented people with a passion for consulting. We are a unique team that values professional discipline and always puts the customer first.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Prosperity: Being rewarded for your efforts.
- Quality: You will be allowed and encouraged to deliver the service that each customer deserves.
- Support: We will provide the resources you need to grow professionally and the support you need to have a personal life.
- Sustainability: Our aim is simply to do some great work at affordable rates and make a decent living.
- Reputation: The impressions of our customers and of our team are what shape our future.People are the foundation of our business!