FLEXTECHS is looking for an experienced Software Development Engineer, for a temp-to-hire staffing engagement with one of our clients specializing in developing new software technologies withing the semiconductor and pharmaceutical industries. This is a full-time (40 hour per week) position.
As a Software Development Engineer you will work with a talented group of people using the latest technologies to provide innovative solutions for our clients. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and configuration of new automation systems, upgrading older machinery to new control platforms.
The ideal candidate is self-motivated and prefers freedom over micromanagement. This individual takes personal responsibility for success and prefers to be part of an energetic team.
The primary activity is developing a solution which may include multiple development environments with a variety of equipment; including coding, testing, and/or fine-tuning applications running on a single board computer under a Linux operating system; also, coding, testing, and/or fine-tuning Windows applications. Also, at times activity may include the creating new manual procedures or automated processes that allow more effective use of equipment in the shop. All activities are accomplished at the discretion and direct supervision of the Lead Software Engineer. More detailed programmer activities are included but not limited to the following:
- Participate in team building to promote corporate success while maintaining sound relationships with peers and facilitating the success of the team as a whole
- Research solutions for unique software development challenges.
- Actively manage time and track and report work hours for effective project tracking
- Create and execute test plans.
- Assess and implement error handling code in individual programs and system wide applications
- Analyze, design, and evaluate algorithms to find the most efficient based on processor usage
- Create documentation including but not limited to program specifications including Data Models and Object Models, Requirements Definitions or discovery results, Technical Guides, and other documents related to software development.
- Entry level administration of Linux and Microsoft Windows operating systems, preferred experience with Android, and/or iOS.
- Programming using Visual Studio and preferred experience in other mobile development environments. Experience with eclipse, NetBeans, or other development environments are desirable.
- Programming to interface with SQL Server and preferred experience with Modbus, MQTT and OPC is desirable.
- Bachelor’s Degree or proven, equivalent electrical/electronic control experience
- 2 + years of experience developing applications or interfaces to support industrial electrical/machine control systems
- 5+ years experience in design and development of application software, qualified as a full stack developer with an emphasis toward the Microsoft development stack
- Experience with mobile application development (iOS, Android, HTML5)
- Has experience working with revision control systems such as, Git, TFS, SVN
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to represent the company in a professional manner
- Excellent problem solving and time management skills
- Demonstrated working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), MVC, Agile, and ISO certifications.
- Has working knowledge of developing upon Microsoft’s .Net platform using C#
- Has working knowledge of relational databases and understands SQL, Stored Procedures, UDFs
- Possess both electrical and mechanical aptitude
- Willingness to travel 10% overnight
- Experience successfully managing and mentoring small project teams (2-5 engineers) Preferred
- Integration of Process Control equipment experience is a plus
- Ability to write technical documentation when appropriate and pertinent to developed product.
- Ability to provide training to CSI field service technicians.
- Ability to provide direction for integration from legacy equipment to modern equipment.
FLEXTECHS is a people-centric IT service provider based in Boise, ID. We are always looking for talented people with a passion for consulting. We are a unique team that values professional discipline and always puts the customer first.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Prosperity: Being rewarded for your efforts.
- Quality: You will be allowed and encouraged to deliver the service that each customer deserves.
- Support: We will provide the resources you need to grow professionally and the support you need to have a personal life.
- Sustainability: Our aim is simply to do some great work at affordable rates and make a decent living.
- Reputation: The impressions of our customers and of our team are what shape our future. People are the foundation of our business!