FLEXTECHS is seeking an experienced IT Systems Administrator for a direct hire (placement) position for a Boise-based organization. The successful candidate will serve as a primary IT contact for their site located in Coeur d’Alene and will provide regional support for multiple locations in northern Idaho. This position is a full-time role as a site IT lead. We are looking for an aspiring IT professional with strong customer service skills. Our ideal candidate will be an IT generalist with strong foundational knowledge and a desire for professional experience in enterprise technologies and practices. Working both independently and as a part of the Boise team, the IT Systems administrator will grow while supporting the region and under the IT Director located at the Corporate Office in Boise, ID.
POSITION SUMMARY: The IT Systems Administrator will maintain basic day to day IT needs such as operating systems, business applications, security tools, web-servers, emails, PCs, local and wide area networking hardware and software. As the first point of contact for employees, this person must represent the Business/IT Department in a professional manner with a strong focus on providing excellent customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist users with technical issues and provides help desk services as
- Provide systems support with other team members as required
- Install new/rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements
- Work with systems such as VMware, Veeam, Exchange, and other Windows based systems
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Repair and recover from hardware or software Coordinate and communicate with impacted business partners
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required
- Ensure hardware firmware and software remains current and configured correctly
- Interact with other IT staff members, end users, and stakeholders to optimize the performance of the environment
- Ensure user uptime through active monitoring, change management, and incorporation of best practices
- Interpret and/or discuss IT information with end users, which may involve terminology or concepts not familiar to many people
- Regularly provide advice and recommend actions involving complex issues
- Provide one-on-one training to staff and end-users
- Provide guidance to less experienced staff
- Conduct other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Highly motivated self-starter with the ability to work within a team under minimal supervision
- Customer orientation and ability to adapt/respond to different types of personalities
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills and professional personal presentation
- Ability to effectively work under stressful conditions
- Ability to exercise initiative and sound judgement and to react with discretion under varying conditions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and appropriate relationships
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE LEVELS:
- A minimum 4+ years of system administration experience
- Technical Certifications or related Associate Degree preferred
FLEXTECHS is a people-centric IT service provider based in Boise, ID. We are always looking for talented people with a passion for consulting. We are a unique team that values professional discipline and always puts the customer first.
Here’s what you can expect:
- Prosperity: Being rewarded for your efforts.
- Quality: You will be allowed and encouraged to deliver the service that each customer deserves.
- Support: We will provide the resources you need to grow professionally and the support you need to have a personal life.
- Sustainability: Our aim is simply to do some great work at affordable rates and make a decent living.
- Reputation: The impressions of our customers and of our team are what shape our future. People are the foundation of our business!